Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sky Mirror NYC






Yesterday I went to see the sky mirror in Manhattan with my dearest Sachiko. I've realized I'm not the greatest at interpreting "art" and I really just didn't understand the point of a huge metalalic structure across from Rockefeller Plaza. I felt a little bummed about the fact that I'm so dense about understanding abstract art, but when I came home and reflected on the day, and thought about compiling my video, I realized that I actually could take meaning from the giant sized pocket mirror.

My video is more of a socio-personal interpretation but I hope it's easy to understand where I am coming from. Enjoy all.

Sachi, I love you with all of my heart!

6 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. For reflecting. For helping me see.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you think you are not able to understand art, you expressed your way of thinking modern art in your personal way with this vlog and that was super

3:10 AM  
Blogger Rachael G. said...

thanks guys!

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachael! Way to go - I would never had made the connection but it works beautifully. I think it's fantastic! I love you Rachael!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

I am reminded how many different meanings the word 'reflect" has. This was nice, thanks.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Rachel, what's your email?

To answer your question, I used Picasa by Google to make that little poster.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home